~ Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find
in this 22 page section ~
- Did you know that:
- You can’t convert cups to pounds because a cup is a measure of volume and a pound is a measure of weight.
- 1 lb. of granulated sugar equals 2 & 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- If you don’t have 2 8-inch round cake pans, you can substitute 2 8x8x2-inch square pans.
- Wet and dry ingredients have different volume measurements, so they
require different measuring cups for accuracy.
- 1 cup of sliced apple equals 1 large apple.
- The cup measure of 1 pound of flour (unsifted) will vary, depending on the type of flour.
- If you don’t have the right ingredient, you can substitute:
- 2 tsp. baking powder for 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar + 1/2 cup white sugar for 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt for sour cream