~ Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find
in this 7 page section ~
- Practice turning off the gas main by turning valve with wrench 1/8 turn.
- Anchor and brace bookcases, cabinets and bunk beds using L-brackets in furniture and I-bolts in wall studs. Use piano wire or similar strong wire to secure objects to I-bolts.
- Use Velcro and/or floral clay to secure counter top appliances and other valuables.
- Secure cabinets with child-proof latches.
- Make sure your house insurance covers the type of “disaster” replacement costs for personal property that occurs in your area. If you’re a renter and have renter’s insurance, check with your insurance company as well.
- Take a CPR course and stay current on the latest first aid techniques.
- Have a First Aid book.