~ Here’s a sampling of what you’ll find in this section ~
- Do you know how much a serving of bread, cereal, rice or pasta is? It’s 1 slice of bread, 1 ounce of cereal, 1/2 cup cooked cereal or rice or pasta.
- Did you know that if a recipe tastes too sweet or too salty after you’ve mixed the ingredients, try adding a dash of white vinegar.
- The shelf life of basil, chili powder, cloves (ground), oregano, paprika, rosemary (to name a few) is 2 years.
- Softening brown sugar Quick tip #1: Need the sugar soft now? Put the brown sugar in a container and place in the microwave with a small bowl full of water beside it. Microwave for about 1 minute then check. If it’s still hard, try for another 30 seconds. You can keep doing this until the sugar is soft, but watch that you don’t melt the sugar!
- If your vegetables look a little wilted, soak them in one quart of cold water and a tablespoon of white vinegar to revive them.