In “My Kitchen Basics”, there are tips for general kitchen set up: what you “must-have” and what would be really “nice-to-have”. Plus 6 checklists are included to help make sure you have your Kitchen Basics!
~ Here’s a sampling of some tips you’ll find in this section ~
- Look at the long term for what you buy. Be practical first in your purchases then add your “I want!” items as you can afford them.
- It’s a smart idea to have kitchen utensils that are multi-taskers, if at all possible. For example: A pastry blender does double duty as a hardboiled egg chopper.
~ Here’s a sampling of some Kitchen Basics listed
which are a “Must-Have” ~
- Baking sheets: 2 16×14-inch (without sides), non-stick insulated
- Saucepan with lid: 1 3-quart
- Knives: Chef’s knife (preferably carbon steel), Paring knives (2 and preferably carbon steel), Tomato knife, Vegetable knife
- Tongs (minimum 9-inch length and self-locking)
- Whisks, metal (medium and a large)