~ Olive Oil Tips ~
- Forget the harsh chemicals when trying to get paint off your skin! Just use olive oil and a little granulated sugar or salt. The paint will come off and your skin will be exfoliated and moisturized, too. Don’t we just love being silky smooth?
- Olive oil can help you do your yard work. Spritz it onto lawn mower blades in the summer to help keep grass from sticking and onto snow shovels in the winter so snow will slide off the shovel more easily. You can use it on other garden tools like hoes and rakes, too. Hmmm … did I really write hoes and rakes?
- Polishing leather shoes: No need to use that nasty-smelling chemical stuff. A little olive oil and a soft cloth will keep your shoes looking shiny and sparkly – if you’re having a bad hair day, people will be looking at your shoes instead of your hair!
- Getting gum out of your hair: Apply some olive oil to the gum and the surrounding hair; work it through gently and let it sit for a few minutes. Work a comb through the strands until the gum is gone, then wash with your favorite shampoo. Gum gone and your hair will look fabulous, Darling!
- Olive Oil brightens up wood! Use a thin coat to hydrate worn, dried-out wood, as long as it was originally treated with an oil finish. Finish by buffing it in. Shake that booty while you’re buffing – it counts as exercise!